Staff - Is AVA right for you?
Through the month of June we will be actively seeking individuals to fill staff positions for the 2018-2019 school year. We invite you to review the information below and if it looks like a good fit we’d love to hear from you! Please contact us with any questions.
The following are the items that we would like to have in our Staff (in order of importance):
1. Understand and fully support the Sudbury model with our modifications.
2. Ability and commitment to model behavior based on LDS principles.
3. Have skills that can be modeled and taught to the students.
4. Model what it means to be a life long learner.
5. Ability to connect well with and show respect to children of all ages.
6. Commitment to treat students as agents of their own life with unique talents who are capable of making decisions, setting goals, achieving or failing, and educating themselves without interference or compulsion.
In addition please be aware of the following:
1. Criminal background check will be required
2. Pay rate for all staff – $15/hour
3. Staff will be retained or not each year by School Council vote, which includes students and staff.
Alpine Valley Academy does not discriminate against any employee, student, employee applicant, or student applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical and/or mental disability. Alpine Valley Academy adheres to this non-discrimination policy with respect to all of its policies and programs, including educational programs, employment and admission programs, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. In keeping with the school’s religious orientation and purpose, as well as with the school’s desire to respect the dignity and diversity of individuals, the school affords equal opportunity in employment and admission on the basis of sexual orientation, but not on the basis of conduct. All members of the school community are required to comply with the Alpine Valley Academy Rule Book. The school prefers faithful members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in employment. Alpine Valley Academy also affirms that all people are equally beloved children of God and deserve to be treated with love and respect, and we recognize the critical importance of a safe campus environment for all students and employees.